The Denver trusts lawyer at Donald Glenn Peterson Attorney at Law has extensive experience helping clients develop trusts that protect their assets, beneficiaries and final wishes.
You have worked hard your entire life to build up your home, assets and family, and working with a skilled Denver trusts lawyer to develop one or more trusts can be crucial to ensuring that you are able to protect both your loved ones and your assets in the event that you become incapacitated or pass on. Trusts are elements of a comprehensive estate plan that:
- Can allow for the elimination or deference of some taxes
- Set up specific guidelines and terms for how a particular asset (or assets, such as money, property or a business) are to be managed
- Appoint a trustee to oversee the management of the trust on behalf of a beneficiary
Types of Trusts
When setting up a trust, the founder (who can also be referred to as the settlor or trustor) can set up either a:
- Testamentary trust, which is detailed in a will and only comes into effect upon the founder’s passing
- Living trust, which takes effect while the founder is still living and can continue to be carried on even after the founder passes on. With a living trust in place, founders also have the option of transferring certain assets to this trust upon their passing (or even removing come assets from the trust while they are still living).
Other types of trusts that the Denver trusts lawyer at Donald Glenn Peterson Attorney at Law can help our clients develop as part of the estate planning process include (but are not limited to):
- Simple trusts
- Complex trusts, which can involve income streams or charitable gifts
- Revocable trusts, which can be changed via amendments prior to or after the founder’s passing
- Special needs trusts, which can be set up for specially abled loved ones and will not interfere with any government benefits they may already be receiving
- Pet trusts, which can be put in place to care for an animal after the founder’s passing.
Consulting with an Experienced Denver Trusts Lawyer
If you are ready to start developing a comprehensive trust that will give your family the legal authority and moral support to carry out your wishes in the future, the Denver trusts lawyer at Donald Glenn Peterson Attorney at Law is here to help you at every step of the process. Regardless of whether you have a small or large estate, our full-service law firm can develop, draft and thoroughly review an effective trusts that will help your beneficiaries avoid having to deal with lengthy and contentious probate proceedings, expensive estate taxes and other emotional and financial headaches down the line.
For more information regarding our services, as well as professional legal advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward with the development of your trusts, contact the experienced Denver trusts lawyer at Donald Glenn Peterson Attorney at Law by emailing us or calling (303) 758-0999.