The Denver elder law attorney at Donald Glenn Peterson Attorney at Law has extensive experience helping clients develop living wills that protect their assets, beneficiaries and final wishes.
Elder law involves all matters that deal with advising and advocating for seniors while helping them to legally prepare for any type of physical or mental change they may experience in the future. While elder law encompasses elements of estate planning, such as drafting wills and living trusts, it also pertains to long-term healthcare matters. By taking the time to work with the experienced Denver elder law attorney at Donald Glenn Peterson Attorney at Law, you can:
- Get your affairs in order and make sure that your wishes regarding your assets, long-term care needs and other matters are ultimately fulfilled – even when you are no longer to communicate them to your loved ones
- Save your spouse, children and other loved ones from being burdened with the unnecessary expense and stress that may be associated with having to make such decisions on your behalf without sufficient knowledge of what you would have preferred.
Elder Law Practice Areas
Some of the specific aspects of elder law that we are experienced at assisting our clients with include (but are not limited to):
- Drafting end-of-life directives, in which an individual can outline his wishes regarding life support and/or “do not resuscitate” orders
- Appointing powers of attorney, which choose an individual to make decisions on a person’s behalf in the event that that person is unable to do so
- Assisting with securing government benefits, which can include Medicaid, disability and Social Security
- Planning for Medicaid, which can involve developing trusts, helping with Medicaid applications, etc. to assist individuals to qualify for and obtain these benefits
- Developing wills, living wills and various types of trusts, including special needs trusts
- Assisting with matters that involve estate (or other) taxes.
Consulting with an Experienced Denver Elder Law Attorney
If you are ready to start developing an effective estate plan that will give your family the legal authority and moral support to carry out your wishes in the future, the Denver elder law attorney at Donald Glenn Peterson Attorney at Law is here to help you at every step of the process. Regardless of whether you have a small or large estate, our full-service law firm can develop, draft and thoroughly review an air-tight estate plan that will help your beneficiaries avoid having to deal with lengthy and contentious probate proceedings, expensive estate taxes and other emotional and financial headaches down the line.
For more information regarding our services, as well as professional legal advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward with your estate planning affairs, contact the experienced and trusted Denver elder law attorney at Donald Glenn Peterson Attorney at Law by emailing us or calling (303) 758-0999.